ABOUT OUR TEAM
Based in Perth, Western Australia, ecologia Environment was established in 1989 to provide consulting services in the biological sciences to the resources sector. Over the past 25 years ecologia has developed a dedicated team of highly skilled professional scientists offering a diverse range of environmental services.
Our objective is to maintain our position as an industry leading private company that works in partnership with our clients to achieve sustainable development. We aim to achieve this by working closely with both our clients, regulators and stakeholders to build long term relationships. Our advice is unbiased and focused on practical solutions that achieve protection and conservation outcomes alongside sustainable development.
We pride ourselves in our workplace culture which centres on mutual respect and development of each individual to their full potential.
MANAGING DIRECTOR & PRINCIPAL CONSULTANT
Shaun is our Managing Director and Principal Scientist who has spent the past 27 years developing a unique set of environmental assessment and management skills.
Shaun has worked in a range of senior ecological, environmental management and environmental impact assessment roles in a range of industries including government, infrastructure, land development and resources.
Shaun is our environmental approvals lead and Principal Scientist responsible for facilitating EP Act (Part IV and V), EPBC Act, NVCP approvals for a range of major and minor resource sector, land development and infrastructure projects along with the management and technical overview and quality assurance of ecological assessments. Shaun is also responsible for strategic growth and providing technical overview to our business.
- Master of Business Administration (MBA), Curtin Graduate School of Business, Western Australia
- Diploma of Business (Frontline Management) Australian Institute of Management (AIM), Western Australia
- Post Graduate Diploma Natural Resources (Environmental Biology) Curtin University, Western Australia
- Bachelor of Applied Science (Biology) Curtin University, Western Australia
- Ecological Assessments, Investigations and Monitoring
- Environmental Impact Assessments and Approvals (State EP Act, Commonwealth EPBC Act)
- Expert Witness Statements
- Biodiversity Offsetting
- Project Coordination and Management
- Environmental Planning
- Environmental Auditing (EPBC Act Controlled Actions)
- Rehabilitation and Revegetation
- Business Development